close
Breaking news

A new line of argument has already come to dominate the public sphere: it’...read more The government has gone one step further to detect community spread of the coro...read more The government has issued an order to abolish the six allowances, including the...read more Aarogya Setu application launched by NIC is aimed to track COVID-19 affected pe...read more SEOUL| South Korea’s unemployment rate was unchanged in April as the coronavi...read more Amid the outbreak of Corona pandemic in the country, Indian government has been...read more Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address to the nation on Tuesday indicated ...read more Corona infection in the country is taking a macabre form. So far, more than 74 ...read more Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has written a letter to UP Chi...read more On Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a package of Rs 20 lakh cror...read more

LAC Situations Remain Same, China Doesn’t Retreat

Army ready for a prolonged deploymment over LAC

Tensions between India and China over Ladakh is expected to escalate between the two countries in the coming days. Despite agreeing to withdraw between the armies of the two countries, the ground reality seems to be far from what is being projected. Army sources said on Friday that the situation on the LAC remained the same. The process of retreat from China is awaited.

After a bloody skirmish in the Galwan valley, it was decided on 22 June that the two armies would retreat as per the agreement reached on 6 June. Later in the meetings held at the lower level, its mechanism was also decided, but the implementation has not been started from China. According to sources, the situation on LAC remains before 22 June.

There is an army gathering on both sides. India has also increased its army in the same proportion as China increased its army. Similarly, the air forces on both sides are also on high alert. India has made its stand clear that it has made its preparations in response to the mobilization of the Chinese army.

According to military sources, first, both sides will have to reduce their troops gradually. After this, the new permanent or temporary structures are built, they have to be vacated. This process may take several weeks to even months.

It is clear that this confrontation may extend even longer than Doklam where the Chinese army was withdrawn after 72 days. Sources said that the progress on the LAC is only that after 22 June there has been no new activity from both sides to increase the confrontation.

Tags: ,

Story Page

Download Our Mobile App