- The Idea of India: Finding the Bridge between Past, Present and the Future.
- Gandhi’s relevance in the 21st century.
- Satyagraha: The movement of truth and power of the masses.
- Importance of non-violence during the freedom struggle. Why is it still relevant ?
- Gandhi and the Global World: How the World Views Gandhi?
The winners of this competition will be announced on the October 25, 2021.
The best three articles will be awarded a cash prize, and the top 10 articles will be published on the leading digital news platform InFeed, on a rolling basis. Each participant will receive a certificate of participation.
Essay Submission Guidelines
- All entries must be mailed at: [email protected]. The subject of the email must be: “Essay Submission-Your Name”.
- Font: MS Word
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: (16 Pts– Title, 14 Pts -Subheadings, 12 Pts – Body)
- Line Spacing: 1.5 (in case of footnotes, font size is 10 point & line spacing is 1)
- Justified text with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- The name and details of the author shall be mentioned below the title of the paper.
- Hyperlinks must be used for citation and reference if any.
- The last date of submission of the full paper is October 16, 2021.
- The submissions shall undergo blind peer review and plagiarism check. Plagiarized write-ups shall be rejected.
- Cash rewards
- First Prize: INR 5000
- Second Prize: INR 2500
- Third Prize: INR 1500
- Top 10 essays will be published on InFeed.
- Certificate of participation to all the participants.
About Champaran Foundation
Champaran Foundation is an independent, nonpartisan, non-governmental organization, based out of Champaran, Bihar. The foundation has established on the principles and teachings laid down by Mahatma Gandhi and endeavors to promote Gandhian philosophy and ideas of democracy and welfare state.
The Champaran Foundation is focused on working in the areas not limited to Education, Healthcare, Social Justice, Environment, Promotion of Digital Literacy, etc. It seeks to strengthen the core values of peace and communal harmony among all.
The foundation was conceptualized by political activist Shuja Gandhi, data scientist Naveen Manasvi and Jitendra Ojha, who themselves hail from Champaran. The foundation has now joined forces with several like-minded and passionate individuals, who are inspired by the life and experiences of Mahatma Gandhi.
We at Champaran foundation, request you all to join and support us. To volunteer with us please write to us at: [email protected]