Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das held the press conference. The three-day meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee of the Reserve Bank of India ended today. Das announced the decisions taken by the six-member committee. It is known that this was the 24th meeting of the MPC. This time customers were not given the benefit of interest rate reduction. Also, no announcement was made on the loan moratorium.
- RBI has not made any change in the repo rate. It remains at four per cent. The MPC has taken this decision unanimously. That is, customers have not got new relief on EMI or loan interest rates.
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said that the reverse repo rate has also been kept constant at 3.35 per cent.
- Also, MSF remains at the bank rate of 4.25 per cent.
- The RBI governor said that the global economy is still weak. But the growth in foreign exchange reserves continues.
- Inflation is expected to increase in the first half of this year due to the corona virus. However, it is likely to decrease in the second half.