As per the recent researches, Vitamin-D is very important to avoid corona virus. It works to boost our immunity. Here we will talk about some of the changes and symptoms that occur in the body due to lack of vitamin-D.
Vitamin-D is a soluble vitamin. Its production in the body usually occurs when our body comes in direct contact with the sun’s rays. That is, we have not kept ourselves behind a glass or covered with cloth.
When vitamin-D reaches our body through the rays of the sun, then it is not in active form. Rather our body converts it into an active form for its use. This changed form of vitamin-D is called ’25 -hydroxy vitamin-D ‘.
If vitamin-D is between 50 and 125 in the body, it is considered sufficient. At the same time, when less than 30, it shows a decrease in the body and if it is more than 125, it can harm the body.
You are probably aware that if the amount of vitamin-D in our body is less then the digestion of calcium is not possible. That is, any calcium that you have eaten during vitamin-D deficiency has become flush with feces and urin!
Functions of Vitamin-D in body:
- Vitamin-D keeps bones strong.
- Strengthens muscles.
- Regulates disease resistance.
- Helps cells grow.
- Body swelling in the body prevents bone shrinkage.
- Helps in controlling blood pressure.
Reasons for Lack of Vitamin-D in Body
- Avoid consuming vitamin D through food and fruits.
- Staying in a field filled with more pollution.
- All the time stay indoors or in full sleeved clothes.
- Taking certain medicines that reduce cholesterol.
- Excess fat accumulation on the body.
- Not taking vitamin-D supplements in pregnancy
- Kidney and liver not working properly
- Decreased calcium due to aging
- Skin color to be more dark.
- Do not sit in sun rays (UVB).
- Absorption of vitamin-D in the body.
Increased Risk Due to Lack of Vitamin-D
- Experience pain and weakness in calf.
- Be generous and do not feel like doing anything.
- A crackling sound from the joints, pain in bones and feeling weakness.
- By children lacking vitamin-D, their bones become very soft.
How to Overcome Vitamin-D Deficiency
- People who eat non-veg can get it through oily fish saleman, beef liver.
- Vitamin-D can also be obtained through eggs and dairy products such as fortified milk.
- Santara, mushrooms and instant oats are also sources of vitamin-D recovery.
- It is necessary to spend at least 45 minutes every day in the rest of the sunlight.
- When vitamin-D is deficient, it can be increased in the body through food and fruits.