A growing movement in the West is encouraging people to embrace pyjamas outside their home — to the spa, on a lunch outing and even to the workplace. Last year, business magnate Jeff Bezos showed up to a board meeting in pyjamas and shared a picture on Instagram. Several workplaces also organise PJ parties for the staff as they create the ‘right amount of ease and fun’. There is even a ‘Wear Your Pyjamas to Work Day!’ So, are you game to wear your pyjamas to work or to a party, soon?
Read how to sport the trend without looking like you just stumbled out of bed
1) Since pyajamas are loose, them with a fitting top or T-shirt. Wearing loose garments on the top and bottom is a no-no.
2) If you are wearing the to work, go with a workplace suited fabric like silk. Cotton may crumple and look wrinkled. You can also have a formal piece like a blazer with it.
3) Always wear printed pyajams with a plain, pastel or neutral coloured-top. Print vs print is wrong.
4) Wear a smart pair of heels to elevate the outfit.
5) If you have a sleepwear top, pair it with a skirt or skinny jeans.