Universities and colleges that have been closed for nearly 8 months in Uttar Pradesh will be reopened from 23 November. Initially they will be opened with a 50 percent attendance. The state government also notified guidelines on opening of universities and colleges on Tuesday. An official gave this information.
Universities and colleges in the state have been closed since March due to Corona virus epidemic. Additional Chief Secretary of Higher Education Department, Monica Garg, in her order sent to the Registrar of all District Magistrates and Universities, said that classes should be resumed in a phased manner. Classes should be organized in such a way that there is no crowd of students on campus.
Important points of Guidelines :
- Classes can be started on rotation basis with an attendance of 50 percent students. All students must wear masks. Guidelines related to social distancing have to be followed on campus and in classrooms. Hand sanitizer will have to be used.
- According to the guidelines, universities and colleges will have to arrange thermal scanning and hand wash for students and staff.
- The Vice Chancellor and the Principals have been asked to follow the SOP (Stander Operating Procedure) to run the institutions.
- Educational institutions can tie up with nearby hospitals, health centers, NGOs and health experts to fight Kovid-19.
- All students have to download the Aayogya Setu App.
Instructions have already been issued to conduct final year examinations in universities and colleges. Nowadays examinations are going on in the university. At the same time, orders to run classes for laboratory and PhD holders have already been issued.